Friday, October 05, 2007

Okinawa with Bell's Palsy Day One

Only one day after a visit to the emergency room and two days after my diagnosis of Bell's Palsy, my boyfriend and I left for Okinawa. I was scared shitless but my boyfriend looked really disappointed and I figured, if I die or something, I might as well die on vacation. So after a little over 2 hours, we arrived in Okinawa.
The minute we arrived, it felt like we had arrived in Hawaii. My eyes were extremely sensitive to bright lights and I so I had to wear sunglasses most of the time.
Okinawa was a place that reminded me of Hawaii, yet very Japanese. The first time I went to Okinawa was when I was working for the airlines and we were there for just half a day so I really don't remember much.

Our hotel was centrally located on the beach near American Village. The weather did not seem to cooperate with us and seemed to cloud over as soon as we stepped foot on the beach.
Actually that worked for me since my eyes were so sensitive and I really wasn't feeling too well. Still, I managed to enjoy the trip.
The worst part for me was just getting used to keeping my eyes moist and I seem to get dizzy a lot of the time. Eating was also a big problem.

Very beautiful graffiti at the beach. I wish I had the energy to walk the entire length.
Our room was a family type room with a living room and a separate bedroom. Very comfortable indeed.
We really didn't get to relax much as it was just an overnighter. Much too short for a trip to Okinawa.



No comments: