Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bad day

There hasn't been much improvement of my Bells Palsy and it's still frustrating to see no change when I wake up in the morning...or should I say around 11am. I'm still extremely tired and sleepy all the time it seems and I find myself sleeping most of the day. However I'm getting used to things. I'm getting used to the fact that my face is not what it used to be. I'm getting used to looking down and not smiling at people. I'm getting used to the stuffed ear feeling inside my head. I'm getting used to not meeting people. I'm getting used to not going to the gym. I'm getting used to all of it.

I know things could be worse, but combine Bells Palsy with my panic attacks and sometimes I feel like just giving up. I don't know what's important anymore except perhaps my mother and sister. I always think about them and pray to God to keep my mother healthy and happy. For me, I guess I've lived a good life and I've been lucky.

I must admit though that if God gave me just one more ailment that I have to deal with, I would probably just give up.

Sorry, I'm not in the best of moods today.

4 comments:

Meeee.... said...

Hey hey.. hang in there... I am sure Bells Palsy is never easy to handle... but we should be glad that we are still living in a great world with great people around us who loves us no matter how, as a friend or as someone close.

I always complain about my life.... but i am happy to still alive today , to feel and to see the world..... it could be a eclipse moon, it could be a nice quiet walk by the beach... (still complaining about life though) :)

Let's just be HAPPY.... learn how to relax ourselves and enjoy life... maybe that will make you feel happier and the bells will just go away easily.. :)

Wish you recover tomorrow.... Cheerssss.... :)

Felix Cheng said...

The Sun is always behind the cloud! You will see a Sunny day soon! Press On!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Mei
Thanks so much for your kind words. Your words are absolutely true. I'm hanging in there!

Cheers sweetie

Unknown said...

Yes Felix. Such true words. I always appreciate your comments on my blog.

Cheers to you to!