Monday, September 25, 2006

Madonna




Madonna's concert was fantastic! Her last stop on her world tour was in Tokyo and I was able to attend both of her two concerts here. It was extremely expensive. She started one hour late. I was tired. Was it all worth the trouble? The answer is a resounding YES! The place was packed for two nights with no seats empty. There were so many gay people there, it almost felt like a night out at a gay club. Bumped into so many of my friends there, my partner said that it was like being at a social function rather than a concert! Funny guy!

Her concert started out with the song Future Lovers mixed with I Feel Love for a refreshingly new version of the song. After watching huge disco ball descend down from above onto the stage, the ball opened revealing the pop queen herself. This scene gave me goosebumps and sent chills down my spine. Most of the songs she sang came from her latest album,
Confessions on a Dance Floor but she did manage to mix in a few old favorites as well. Her finale was HUNG UP, my favorite song from the entire album. The concert ended too quickly for me and even though my feet hurt and my throat was hurting from screaming the entire time, I wasn't ready to go home.

No comments: