Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Lightning and thunder

I woke up to lightning and thunder at 5am yesterday morning. So now I lay here wide awake although it's almot 4am. The thunder was so loud I swear the lightning was hitting the building next to us. My friend in Fukuoka told me his neighbor's house was struck by lightning yesterday. Fortunately no one was at home and although there were damages to most of their electrical appliances, no one was hurt.

Speaking of disasters, there was a major fire near our place. About a month ago, a house and shop was engulfed in flames at around 2am. We could see the flames burning bright from our windows. It was scary and I feared that someone might have died in the fire. I was right because the next day, it was in the news. An elderly couple were sleeping while the fire had started downstairs. Their son escaped unharmed however the couple perished in the fire. It was said that the elderly couple were about to retire and enjoy the rest of their lives just relaxing and maybe taking a vacation. Their plans were cut very short and the police suspect arson.

Everytime I walk past there, I cannot help but feel sorry for the poor couple. I make it a point to pray when I walk past and wish that they are in peace and together in a better world. I also pray that they find the son-of-a-bitch who caused the fire.

Changing the subject, I just finished watching the final season of Queer as Folk. I was crying throughout the last 3 episodes and was sad to see it come to an end. I felt the same when Sex and the City ended. For some reason though, I cried today more than I ever did in a long time. I'm not sure what it was, but I swear, it was totally weird. I thought to myself...am I having a nervous breakdown or what? Or was I possessed by some kind of demon?

Oh well, almost 4 am now, I feel better and I am so ready to go to bed.

No comments: