Sunday, October 08, 2006

A restful weekend

Yesterday my partner and I went to get a nice cup of coffee and a slice of cinnamon toast at our favorite coffee place near our apartment. I love Starbucks, but this place is very old-fashioned...the interior looks retro and the music is classical. Most of the customers are old but for some reason, I love the place. The coffee is made to order so you do have to wait while they grind the beans and make your coffee. The cinnamon toast is another marvelous concoction. They slather real butter mixed with cinnamon and a large sprinkling of rock sugar on a thick slab of white bread and toast it in the oven, resulting in a hot and soft interior with a crispy crust on the top. It's a wonderful way to start the day.

At 9pm, my friends came over for some wine. Just a small gathering of friends who live close by. They ended up staying until 6am as always, and I finally got to bed around 7am. I woke up at 1pm. My partner wanted to have brunch so we went to a wonderful Italian trattoria near our place(yes we have a lot of neat places in our neighborhood). Today's menu was a pizza with pumpkin soup and a cup of espresso. We always seem to have great conversation there...maybe it's the relaxing atmosphere...maybe it's the good bread...whatever it is, a visit to the trattoria does wonders for our relationship.

A great a restful beginning to our 3-day weekend.

No comments: