Monday, March 10, 2008

Okay I've been busy and lazy

Wow, it's been over a month since my last post. Before my blog disappears into oblivion, I've decided to post today. Besides, I'm just recovering from a cold and still taking it easy.

First things first. It's getting warmer here in Japan and I can get rid of my electric blanket! Yay! Bad news is that I have to put away all my winter clothes and start getting my spring/summer clothes out from the 2nd floor closet. Yes, my walk-in closet is on the 2nd floor of my apartment! It's more like at attic really, but we just don't have enough space on the main floor for all our stuff and we really do need all the space we have. Space is expensive in Tokyo and I can't move. I like the city too much! So byebye winter!

My mother is coming to visit in April. I haven't seen her in 3 years and really looking forward to seeing her. I'm also saving up so I can take her to Thailand next month. I already bought the plane tickets and reserved the rooms for 7 nights. I reserved really nice rooms for the trip and spent a large chunk of my savings, but hey, she's my mother and she deserves it. I hope she enjoys the trip. It's a surprise!

My friend Michael from Hawaii has plans to visit in June and we have tickets for Singapore during that time. However one problem exists. The hotel rates are outrageous! I have searched and searched the internet for deals but cannot find a decent hotel at a price we can afford! Sure we can pay $500US per night for 9 nights but do we really want to do that? Let me tell you that better deals can be found almost anywhere in my opinion! Even Tokyo is not that expensive! What's up with the prices in Singapore these days? Another gripe I have. The prices for drinks in Singapore is rediculous! I think we can get the same bottle of wine here in Japan for a third of the price in Singapore! Is it that nobody drinks in Singapore anymore or just that prices are too high? I really don't know but a cocktail at a restaurant in Singapore can cost around $10US. In Tokyo, this is quite normal at a very upscale restaurant! But here in Tokyo, a good bottle of wine only costs around $10US! At restaurants, table wine at a nice trattoria is around $5US! Maybe that's why everyone drinks here in Japan. hahaha

Anyway, moving on.....

My relationship with my boyfriend couldn't be better. It's pretty unbelievable to me but true. Our sex life is great and he pleases me in bed like no other! We both love wine, good food, yoga and making money. No, we don't like the exact same things. However our preferences have become similiar throughout the years. It's a nice and comfortable feeling.

My second life in SECOND LIFE is as always, busy! I have seriously started designing clothes in SL and it's harder than I thought and sometimes not as much fun. However I am enjoying this new project and for me, a new business venture. It's another incentive for me to spend so much time in the game. It's very exciting to me to be able to do this. Because it's a business, I have realized that I have a lot to think about in regards to this venture. Not only do I need to design clothes I like, but must be able to sell these items through research and smart marketing. Yes it all sounds like hard work, but believe me it's much easier than doing business in SL and a smaller risk that's for sure! Anyway, let's see how far I can get with this in this new world called Second Life!

My Bell's Palsy is mostly recovered but sometimes I have to wonder. Just last week, I felt bad the entire week mostly due to my affected side tightening up all the way from my scalp to my neck. It's really irritating and I still get upset when I don't feel all that great. Just to make things worse, I came down with a cold and slight fever and that was enough to keep me off my feet for a few days.

So lots of things are happening in my life at the moment. Yoga is the one thing that keeps me sane through this time of restlessness.

No comments: