Thursday, March 13, 2008

Day or Recovery

I woke up this morning hoping to feel better. I actually did feel better after a night of rest. My head was clearer and I realized what I needed to do. Anyway, this morning I woke up and made myself a cup of decaf latte with a sprinkle of cinnamon to lift my spirits. Then after quickly checking emails, I started on project clean up. Yes, I'm going to clean my house and get rid of old things that I never use and all the dust that had accumulated over the past year. I started out with the dining area as there is a lot of stuff I don't use in the cabinets there. Once that was done, I continued with the living room. By this time, it was around 1:30pm so I started to get hungry. I went out to get something to eat, at which time the ex-boyfriend who I broke it off with the other day, called my cell. I was in line at the register at the grocery store and couldn't really talk so I told him to call me back. He called back 3 minutes later and I had a little chat with him for about 5 minutes. It felt really strange to be talking to him like nothing happened, so I apologized to him for being so dramatic the other day and that something was really wrong with me. I told him that I feel much better today and thank you for the call. He said that we should have dinner sometime next week and I said that sounded great. I told him that I'm cleaning my house to get rid of all the mess I've accumulated over the year and besides, my mother is coming soon so I need to get it cleaned anyway. I told him to have a great day and don't forget to eat. I did my best to sound as cheerful as possible and made like it was the best day of my life!

After I hung up, I was quite amazed to find that I was indeed happier today. I went home and had my late lunch while watching an episode of desperate housewives. Immediately afterwards, I started to do some laundry and went to tackle the bathroom and hallway closets. While rummaging through the hallway closet, I stumbled upon some old pictures of my ex ex and my ex ex ex as well as my ex ex ex ex! hehehe! Yes I have a lot of exes! I started to laugh because they were all so funny and I completely forgot they were there. I think my mother tried to hide it from my current boyfriend. I don't know why she finds it necessary to do that. I mean my boyfriend knows I'm not a virgin.

After the closet, I scrubbed the bathroom tiles, the sinks, and the toilet. I then continued to the kitchen. That was the worst, but hey, someone has to do it right? I thought that was enough cleaning for the day and you know what? I felt wonderful! I felt that I deserved to relax so went to the DVD rental shop to rent a couple of DVDs. I did an hour of yoga but had to end it short because of heart palpitations. What was causing it today, I have no idea! I watched THE INVASION with Nicole Kidman while eating a cabbage salad and some potato chips. Yeah I know it's a weird combo but I was too lazy to leave the apartment.

After that, my boyfriend came home complaining he had a headache so I had to make him some hot tea and gave him a back massage. It's 10.27 pm now and I'm ready to head to bed. Nothing else for me to do tonight and besides, I am tired today. Tomorrow I need to continue cleaning my apartment. I might as well do everything I can this week as I have a busy week next week. In my desperation for company, last night I emailed a couple of my friends to make plans for next week. At the same time, a friend from Bangkok will be coming and wants to meet for coffee! Okay, is that too much? Sounds like a lot to me so we'll see how things go. I might have to cancel some things. I really do need to get back to my designing.

Anyway, I had a really good day and it was better than I expected it would be. I'm still a bit sad, but compared to yesterday, I'm a totally different person! I'm hoping that tomorrow will be much better than today and I'm pretty confident it will be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Life is filled with much ups and downs. It's like on a wheel, sometimes you are on top and sometimes you are underneath.

Hope you cheer up...

:)