Saturday, September 22, 2007

A Summer Day in Izu

Izu Peninsula is a 2 hour drive from Tokyo with no traffic. We woke up at 4am and left 30 minutes later for the trip. I have to admit I was sleeping most of the trip. This is a picture of a stream where the water is supposed to be so clean you can drink it. It's one of the places where water from Mt. Fuji accumulates. You can actually see the water coming out of the earth at some points and it's awe-inspiring.
A small fishing village where we decided to get some lunch.
My boyfriend had this tempura bowl with lots of seafood. He never even let me have a taste and it really looked good. Things like that make my far from perfect. He knows I love tempura.
Here's my seafood sushi bowl. Look at all the seafood...and it was fresh!

This fishing village was almost deserted due to the fact that the summer season was at its end.


We drove to another village where I found one of my favorite spots on this trip.



A foot bath!

And what's behind these doors?

Lo and behold, a riverside cafe! It's that just amazing!
The owner's pride shows throught the place. Everything from the coasters and glasses to the cakes and cookies are handmade!
The delicious chocolate cake with ice cream.
Two types of chiffon cake with fresh cream. I just loved this place.
The statue at lover's point. I have no idea what this place is.

This place is called Lover's Point or something like that. The view really was spectacular.
This is a view while taking a dip in a hot spring!
Another view from the baths!

A very hot day. Can you tell I'm forcing a smile?
The perfect thing for a hot day...shaved ice with mangoes!


We also spent about an hour sunbathing at a beach we found. It was really hot and seriously I thought I would get heat stroke. But this year I was ready and I brought a huge bottle of water with me and lots of sunscreen. Last year I had heatstroke at the pool.
We visited a few shops and I couldn't resist buying some things to take back with me. My boyfriend didn't buy anything as always as he's very tight with his cash. The drive home was crazy and it took us 5 hours going back. We finally got home at 11pm and as usual, my boyfriend was in a bad mood. I swear, he is such a baby! Anyway, other than my boyfriend's mood swings and stinginess, and the fact that he took me on this trip because I complained that we didn't do anything this summer, this was the highlight of my summer.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures!

Unknown said...

Thank you!