Saturday, September 22, 2007

By the way

I just wanted to post that I went to the doctor today. I had a long chat with my doctor to see how much she knew about Bells Palsy. I also asked my psychiatrist about it. I guess they all said the same thing, but I'm glad I went because at least these doctors were much nicer than the neurologist I was seeing. Come to think of it, the neurologist didn't do anything special other than tell me to blink and smile.

Anyway, these past couple of days, I let myself sleep as much as I could and that was easy because I felt so drained. However today I have started seeing very small improvements. I'm beginning to feel the muscles in my cheek starting to move and my eyebrows are moving with a greater range of motion. I still can't smile, but my cheek doesn't feel as tight as yesterday.

I did a little walking in place, yoga, stretching and situps because I haven't worked out in 3 weeks. It felt good to do that and I didn't feel bad afterwards. I think I'm improving!

5 comments:

savante said...

Not much you can do about the Bell's Palsy I'm afraid. Destress a little and hopefully it'll be gone in a while.

Mark said...

You look great in the pics! You don't look like a sick person at all~

I like the cafe you went to. It feels like east meets west.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post! Actually these pics in Izu were taken before I got sick! The cafe IS great isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hope you feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

HI savante
True it seems like there's nothing i can do about it. Now my ears feel kind of funny and I feel out of whack all the time.