Friday, July 06, 2007

Universal Studios Osaka

Another week goes by and here I am blogging once again. It's been a nice and exciting week for me. On Saturday, I left for Osaka with a friend of mine. We took the highway bus to Osaka, a very long 8-hour ride. We check into the Osaka Hilton. It was a very nice hotel and I was upgraded to the deluxe room. I can't wait to make it to Gold VIP and get upgraded to an executive room. Almost there. Anyway, a light dinner with my friend and we go to sleep to look forward to a day at Universal Studios Osaka.
The highlight of the day was Hollywood Dream: The Ride! It's a roller coaster that's 4-across and your feet doesn't even touch the floor. Yeah, I know it sounds weird but it works! Your seated inside very comfortable seats and so deep back that your legs are floating in the air. Then you choose your preferred music from 5 selections. Your music starts and you are coasting around the Hollywood area in your car! Yep, that's what it feels like. Riding in a car! Wish it was a bit longer, but that's ok. I love the ride!
For lunch we went to Lombard's Landing. I always wanted to eat here and I was so happy that my friend chose this place. It's probably the best place to eat in the park and I wasn't disappointed. I just wish there were some ala carte selections instead of set menus. I started off with these country-style pates which were delicious.

Clam chowder came next and then I had the steak for the main course. Everything was perfect. You also get unlimited amounts of hot piping bread but that's too much carbs! The lunch ended with a delightful strawberry tart and coffee.

We ended up staying the entire day. I had some coffee with another friend to came to meet us at around 4pm. I was so happy to see her as I didn't see her for quite some time. She's such a nice person and I love her so much. Our bus left at 11:40pm and I was so tired that I fell asleep as soon as we boarded the comfortable buses. A very nice trip indeed.


No comments: