Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Last week I went to renew my passport. It's hard to believe 10 years has gone by since my last one. I look so different now, especially my hair. Back then, my hair was longer, bleached a cheap brown color and fat on my cheeks. You know, it wasn't as though I was fat back then. In fact, I think I had less fat around my tummy. I guess it was baby fat or something because my face is much rounder...a feature I really disliked during those years. Now I'm much older and I am praying for some of that fat again to be injected into my face like collagen.

I got my picture taken at the passport agency and I have to tell you that my picture was not a good one. In fact, it's the ugliest picture I've ever taken for something so official. My face looks uneven, blotched and tired. My hair is a mess and I swear I look so disheveled like something out of LOST. So for the next 10 years, I have to look at that hedious picture and others would probably have to look at it too. Oh well, can't do anything about it anymore I guess.

So here I am at another Starbucks in Shinjuku. This one I like because it's really empty and lots of chairs to choose from. It's raining today...in fact raining the entire week I think. I really can't wait for summer to arrive. I not saying I welcome the sweltering heat of summer. I just can't stand the gloominess of the rainy season and having to take an umbrella with you everywhere you go.

This guy from Taiwan was supposed to meet me at 11:30am today for lunch. Well, it is now almost 12 noon and I called him only to hear from him saying he had just left. The nerve!!! Why couldn't he have called me to tell me he was going to be late? Never met this guy...just this guy from Fridae who wanted to meet for lunch. That's one demerit for this person. Now I would consider forgiving this guy if he's really gorgeous or sexy.

Okay, so I'm sitting here still waiting for his call. I swear I could have been doing something else more productive.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I always like Starbucks in Japan. The cheese danish is way way better than what you get in the US.

Unknown said...

Really? I never had the danish before so I would have to try it! Thanks for the tip!