Wednesday, July 18, 2007

IKEA

One of my favorite things to do on the weekends these days is to spend a day at IKEA. It's a huge interior shop from Scandinavia with very reasonable priced furniture, a Scandinavian restaurant and cafe with prices to match! I had to go and buy a lamp for the smallest room in my apartment and it cost only 690yen!!! Unbelievable! One of the things I love about going here though is seeing the look on my partner's face. He loves this place and he seems happiest when we're browing the aisles. Just looking at that face puts a smile on my face.
For lunch we had the grilled tomatoes with couscous, a healthy combo. I also chose this assorted plate which had all my favorites! I couldn't resist having a glass of wine to go with my meal and I was lightly buzzed afterwards, which only served to put a skip and hop into my shopping feet.
Right after IKEA, we went to Costco and bought a couple of bottles of wine and a case of tomato soup. And yes, we are people who actually use up everything we buy!!! An entire case of soup is devoured within a month! Soup all the time you say? Not really. We just get creative and use the soup for other things such as a risotto, a light sauce to go with pasta and other things we can conjure up with our creativity.

No comments: