Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A long walk

The other day I was really upset and decided to walk off my anger. I was at Yotsuya Station and saw the Mori Building in Roppongi in the far distance. It didn't look too far so I figure I would walk to Roppongi. Besides, I really needed to vent my anger and I thought walking would be a great way to let off some steam.

As I walked, it dawned on me that it was the first time I ever attempted to walk along this route. It never dawned on me that I would get lost. I finally got to my destination after a 2-hour walk. I put on my iPod, blasted it to near full volume, started walking to the beat and just started thinking that everyone could just go fuck themselves! I was definitely in a foul mood.

An hour into my walk, I found myself walking along an empty road with almost no one else around. I started thinking about all sorts of stuff...you know things that one thinks about when you have nothing else to think about. My iPod was playing a really depressing sad at this time so this may have something to do with it. I guess I was in a depressed state for about 20 minutes.

The weather was wonderful despite the freezing temperature. However there was not a cloud in the sky. The walk was invigorating and I got to see a log of neat things I wouldn've never gotten to unless I did this walk.

After arriving in Roppongi, I killed some time browsing through books at Tsutaya Book Store and after awhile I started to feel the first signs of fatigue and drowsiness so I decided to take a break and have a cup of coffee. The caffeine kicked in and I decided to browse some more until it was time to meet my friend who was 30 minutes late. I forgave him for his unnecessary tardiness as he treated me to a wonderful dinner. How easy can I be for fuck's sake!

Afterwards, we went for some herb tea since I had my daily quota of caffeine already. Then we went to see a movie, a film that I already saw but I felt obligated to treat my friend to something as I did feel bad that he paid for dinner.

I caught the midnight train home and finally arrived at my apartment around 1am. The walk from the station to my apartment was a very chilly 8 minute walk. I made myself a steaming bath, gingerly dipped my toes into the scalding hot water finally getting my entire body into the tub. I got out in less than 10 minutes because I started to feel faint and my body felt like it was in a half-boiled situation. Wiped myself dry, got myself a glass of water and went to bed feeling all warm and comfortable.

All in all, it was a lovely day!

No comments: