Sunday, January 14, 2007

Beautiful Saturday

Today I got up quite early because my partner and I wanted to head on down to Tokyo Disney Sea for the new event called "Season of the Heart". It was a sweet and romantic event although quite subtle compared to major events. It was sort of like a filler to connect the Christmas event and the main Spring event coming soon. The park was quite empty for a Saturday and although it was cold, we had a great time!

The park was filled with flowers especially tulips. Tulips are one of my favorite spring time flowers and although it's still the middle of winter, the park was filled with tulips in full bloom! I think we spent at least a couple of hours just taking pictures of the tulips and it was therapeutic to say the least. We will be going back again one more time during the tulip season since we just couldn't get enough of them.

*To see more pictures of the flowers at TDS, please visit my Disney Resort Blog.

We only got to go on one attraction and we was one show. We got there late and we were hungry so we getting something to eat was first on the agenda. We visited the Portofino Cafe, which is one of our favorites. One of my favorite food is found here. It's a simple soup really, but oh sooooooo good! It's a cream of vegetable soup and it's fantabulous! I swear I had it three times in a row and I never seem to get tired of it.

After lunch and taking all those pictures, my body was shivering to the core and although we had fastpasses to the one attraction we went on, I had to wait for about 20 minutes to warm myself up. I started to feel bad and nervous about riding. I warmed myself by entering a warm building and jumped up and down while squeezing my hands together in a rapid motion. Yep, I'm weird and that's what I do, but it works for me. I was much better after that. We then got some dessert at an Italian restaurant and then took more pictures before heading on down to Korakuen for dinner. My partner asked me if I wanted to go to Bubba Gump for dinner and I obviously said yes and started jumping up and down out of sheer joy since it is one of my favorite places to eat shrimp! But seriously, I go there for the ooey gooey desserts at the end of the meal. We had a huge meal and I didn't eat any of my fries or any other starch for that matter because I wanted to save room for dessert. But still in the end, I could not finish the dessert I ordered and my partner said that he'd pay for dinner only if I finish off the whole plate of dessert. So I tried my best to eat it all and in the end I could only finish half. My partner forgave me for ordering such a huge dessert and paid for the meal anyway. In return, I invited him to go sing at a karaoke place since he loves to. All in all, we had a wonderful Saturday.
I start a very busy week starting tomorrow...yes a Sunday! A very busy week awaits me and therefore I really needed this break from my computer to recuperate. Yes, I am once again a well-balanced person.

No comments: