Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Autumn in Kyoto

My partner and I took short trip to Kyoto, the former capital of Japan. The autumn leaves were beautiful and Kyoto is packed with people during this season. However I had no idea it was going to be this crowded!!! In fact, it was so mobbed with people, I'm not sure if I'd go again during this time of the year unless we were driving our own car.

As I was walking down a narrow street in Kyoto, I noticed these fallen leaves in a puddle of water, which I found to be rather beautiful. As soon as I pointed this out to my partner, other people started gathering around this puddle of water with leaves and more than a few people started snapping away with their cameras. It was pretty funny!


This garden is one of the most beautiful gardens found in Japan. It's a beautiful place to visit throughout the year but especially so during autumn as you can see in these pictures.


No comments: