Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My flight to Taipei


This was my second trip to Bangkok this year. In fact, I'm going again next week. No, I'm not crazy...just crazy about Bangkok and mangoes! Due to it being Golden Week in Japan, it was tough to get tickets. So for the first time in my life, I took a China Airlines flight to Bangkok. This time my boyfriend and I splurged and went business class. The tickets were actually a bargain. The flight left very early in the morning so I had to get up at 5am so that I could take the 6am limousine bus to Narita. I arrived quite early as there was very little traffic to the airport so I got to use the small lounge they had. It was clean and comfortable with some breakfast items. However it just seemed really dead and quiet. In fact it was so quiet the person at the other end of the room could probably hear you fart! Not that I farted or anything, but it really was that quiet.


The flight was via Taipei. The first sector, I was seated in an old aircraft with old-style business class seats. They were comfortable though and my flight was not full. The flight attendants were very nice and couteous and the service was good. After getting a glass of water, we took off.


We had salmon, shrimp and squid for appetizers. They tasted extremely fresh and even the squid was tender. This appetizer was the perfect way to start a meal and boy was I hungry.


I chose the seafood dish for my main course. I swear, this was one of the most delicious entrees I've had on an airplane. Yummy!


For dessert, I chose the sherbet and fresh fruits. I actually wanted to try the cake, but we will be served lunch again on the next sector. Although I wanted to eat the entire thing, I only had a couple of bites and asked the flight attendant to take my tray away. I'm not sure if I'd be able to eat my next meal!

No comments: