Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy Birthday my Friends

Yesterday was a long day and I liked it. It was two of my friend's birthday and we decided to have the party at my place, just like last year. The great thing about having parties at my own home is the fact that I'm in control. I can make sure all the food is perfect and guests are comfortable. I also like that I can just crash after everyone leaves. haha. Can't really get more convenient than that.

I had it all planned. The menu was perfect and the cake was going to be amazing. It was going to be in the shape of a butterly with pastel colors, making sure it was over-the-top cute to please two of my best gay friends. They love cute so that's what they'll get!

However things didn't go as planned.

First, my cake didn't turn quite what I had planned. Before cutting the cake into a butterfly shape, I had frosted the entire cake so I was left with a round cake. Damn! What to do what to do? I panicked for a few seconds but immediately gathered my remaining strength.

I made do with what I had and went all out with the frosting and decoration, at least to my ability. I'm no cake master so I can only do so much. Anyway, take a look. This is what it looked like.


It took me an amazing 6 hours to finish making this cake. It's crazy I know, but I don't even want to try and explain how many steps there were in making this monstrosity. Oh, let me tell you it was one huge cake!

Disappointingly, it wasn't the best tasting, so I scolded myself and promised to try harder next time. I still have so much to learn about making cakes it's sometimes sad. Oh well, better luck next time Shinichi. 


My two friends were happy though. They are near and dear to me and although I don't get to see them that often, I always want to be sure that their birthdays are special.

Happy birthday K and R. I love you both.

No comments: