Saturday, November 23, 2013

Changing priorities

About 6 months ago, I accidently stumbled upon a site known as Squidoo and it has definitely changed my life. So far I've written over 70 articles ranging from food to coming out. Many topics to be sure but all meaningful and personal to me. I've also met a number of awesome people there and it's hard to put into words how grateful I am for that.

So I'm here sitting at my desk at 10:36 pm on Saturday night. 5 years ago it was hard to imagine myself being home on a Saturday night but how times have changed. Back then I enjoyed all the action and excitement of clubbing and going out to the trendiest new restaurant. I also loved parties with lots and lots of people. Today I like quiet moments at home.

Perhaps I'm just getting older and my tastes are changing. One thing I know for sure is that my priorities are totally different from what they used to be. It's more important now for me to make the most use of my limited time here on earth. I want to make the best use of each minute and enjoy every day of my life. I want to live consciously and deliberately and in the process, hopefully contribute to others around me in a positive way. That's all I want to do really. If I can do that, I am happy.

No comments: