Thursday, June 14, 2007

Busy week

Well, it's been 5 days since I've been back from my trip to Bangkok...my third trip this year. I'm back working and juggling various projects once again. I have to say things are going well for me this year and I really can't complain. I'm making more money than ever but finding myself wanting more. Would I ever be satisfied with the amount I'm earning? Well, it's good to reach for the stars right? Nothing wrong with that I suppose. I do have to find a good balance though.

It's getting warmer as the days go by and we are supposed to be into the rainy season starting today, my least favorite season of the year here in Japan. I have to go and buy some rain-proof shoes tomorrow. I always say I will and end up not buying any. I find myself settling with sandals or flip flops and avoiding going anywhere fancy during this time.

I'm on a low-carb diet again since I've gained about 2 kilos during my trip. Is there a way to keep my weight down during a holiday? It's pretty difficult sticking to a low-carb way of life especially in an Asian country when every meal is accompanied by rice or noodles. Oh, and mangos...I always overeat them! Binge on them actually!

Okay, have to work. So many things to do today.

3 comments:

Mark said...

I guess there's no weight watchers in Japan lol. Basically it's a low fat, high fiber diet. Low carb is so hard to follow and you feel hypoglycemic easily (especially when you work out).

Unknown said...

Hi Mark
Thanks for your comment. Actually I've been low carbing for over 2 years and it's not bad. I actually feel better when I'm low carbing. Remember low carb does not mean no carb...just good carbs and cutting out junk food. You tend to get kind of weak during your first two weeks on it if your body isn't used to it. Your body needs to adjust to the new way of eating.

adrien said...

and here i am, worrying that i would never be able to GAIN weight instead. the grass is always greener on the other side. hehe