Wednesday, March 03, 2010

My Designing Life

I recently had an interview on tweet.tv on my fashion brand called Shiki Design. We had rehearsals early
in the morning and after sound checks and making sure the models were all set, the interview started. It
was filmed in front of a live audience and it went fine despite the fact that I didn't know what to expect. Angie
Mornington, the hostess of the show, asked me some basic questions and some difficult ones as well.Naturally I stumbled on my words and got tongue-tied a couple of times but hey, that's life right. hehehe.

Of course, all this is in a virtual world but this world is very real for a lot of people today. I can't believe
my designs have come so far. I never thought I would be doing something like this as a virtual career. I don't know what you would actually call it because yes, I do design in my real time and yes, it is in a virtual world and catered for virtual people with real life people behind each avatar. Yes, they buy my clothes and yes they spend real money on them if they like them enough. I do get confused sometimes about all this virtual reality stuff, but I guess virtual things are a fact of life these days right.

So here is the interview on tweet.tv with me, Shinichi Mathy of Shiki Designs as the guest of the show.

Shinichi Mathy of Shiki Design

This month, I'm participating in the Relay for Life( charity for Cancer Research) in the virtual world. However all proceeds go directly to the American Cancer Society. I basically create 4 different outfits for the cause and help get people to participate in it. It's exciting and I am happy to be able to do something like this.

March is also the launch of my new collection so I need to get to work now! I am soooo behind!!!

No comments: