Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sister's trip to Japan. Part 5. Odawara

Odawara must be one of my mother's fav places in the world. I decided to take my sister there this year. They have a huge spa with wonderful facilities. We left the house around 9:30am and ended up eating at this pretty horrible place on the highway. We shared an omu-rice and it was as stale and bland as they come. I definitely make better ones than that!
We got to Odawara town around 1pm or so. Decided to show her the Odawara Castle. After that, we checked into the Odawara Hilton and went immediately to the pool facilities. It was really nice and I think my sister was able to relax. Afterwards we had dinner at the hotel restaurant. My sister loves oysters and she had quite a lot of them. I tried one and you know what? It wasn't that bad! I'm still not a fan though. I had some meat and it was extremely tasty, probably because I hardly ever eat meat anymore!

At night, we ended up playing two round of darts and a round of bowling! fun fun fun!
Next morning, we had a huge breakfast and then went to Niji-no-sato,which is like a theme park with no rides. Just food, flowers and trees. It was nice though. I really enjoyed it!
The ride back was long as ever. The highways in Japan are always crowded during the weekends and there is just no way around them. Sigh....
All in all though, a great trip to Odawara!

No comments: