Sunday, June 14, 2009

A very good week!

First off, it hasn't rained as much as was predicted by the weather people. No rain whatsoever this weekend either and that makes me happy. I got quite a bit done this week workwise and did some rare socializing as well.

A really good friend of mine ended up breaking up with his boyfriend of a year and so we made plans to meet up for dinner and drinks on Thursday night. I was a bit worried as I knew he was trying really hard to make things work. So we were a group of 5 on a Thursday night drinking on the balcony of a bar in Tokyo overlooking the city. It was nice. We all got to talk about our love lives and we all had a great time pouring our hearts out. Dinner was German food, a bit too oily for my taste, but hey who came for food right? We were there just to enjoy each other's company. Nice night it was.

Yesterday, my boyfriend and I went to see Angels and Demons. Actually enjoyed it much more than Da Vinci Code. Easier to follow and way more coherent. I did read both books but I didn't remember the details of Angels and Demons in the book as that was 3 years ago. Dinner was at this organic vegetable bar. Amuse Bouche was simply organic cucumbers with sea salt and olive oil. We had a salad of field greens and also a platter of a variety of organic vegetables with anchovy dip. For protein we opted for some grilled fish balls with shiso leaf and pasta with organic tomato sauce. Everything was good except for the pasta, which my boyfriend makes better.

Today we go to Costco and IKEA to do some shopping. Mangoes are in season and we need to get some of those. I also need to buy some stuff for my office. We will pick up his designer suit at the department store. My boyfriend got promoted at work and so he bought a really expensive suit, which actually makes him look rich...if that makes sense. :)

A good week it really was.

No comments: