Saturday, August 23, 2008

Good days

Today I wake up feeling a bit lazy and tired. After all, I've been designing every day for the past week. Combining that with all my work and taking care of my doggie, I have a really busy day. However I'm feeling great and never felt better than I've felt in a long time. A couple of things I'm doing that's making a world of a difference. I have a routine that I try to keep to. My day starts out with lying in bed, imaging the day to be a good day with perfect health. I then do a 10-minute yoga routine to wake up my body. I consciously prepare my breakfast and eat it slowly without any distractions. I concentrate in each bite I take savoring all the flavors. After all that, and only after I've done all that, I check my emails and transactions online. I then feed my dog after taking care of his doo-doo. Play with my doggie for 20 minutes or so. Then I take a shower and get ready to start my day of work.

Depending on what's planned for the day, I take care of clients, design clothes or do translation work. I focus on each moment and enjoy every minute of my work. If I find that I'm starting to become negative, I stop doing it if possible, to recharge by stretching or having some tea or taking a short walk around the block. I also manage to do some household chores during the day. I usually have at least, one load of laundry to do. I also must vacuum the apartment everyday, since my dog arrived. I wash the dishes that my boyfriend never washed. Yesterday I also scrubbed the bathtub and cleaned the toilet and sink area.

I eat mostly macrobiotic and stick to fish and whole grains. I make sure to participate in some form of exercise during the day, no matter how busy I get. This is always a priority.

I always end my day with a 10-minute yoga session to relax and prepare for sleep. I make myself some herbal tea and go into bed and read for about 10 minutes before falling asleep.

My days are full and yes, they are very busy. However I make sure that no matter how hectic it becomes, I remain happy and focus only on good things throughout the day. This is what I have been doing and I'm noticing that my body takes care of me while I take care of my body. Today is the third day in a row with no panic attacks. I still feel funny now and then, but I don't focus on those negative feelings. I really feel better and know I will continue to feel better.

So anyway, that's basically what I've been doing. hehehe

It's raining outside today, by the way. It's cool and the rain is making the summer weather rather pleasant.

2 comments:

Legolas said...

You're working from home? That's so cool. I wish I can do that too, but then again, I'm too lazy to do anything when I'm at home, it'll be a disaster.

H.a.M.s.A.p said...

Keep yourself happy will make you young forever + few minutes exercise will keep the doctor away ~