Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A week full of ups and downs

It's been a weird week for me. It all started last Thursday when about 8pm, I had a headache. The headached became worse and peaked in about 10 minutes...a pain I've never experienced before. I started to feel strange physically and finally I felt like I was having a heart attack or something, so had to call the ambulance. Went to the ambulance and couldn't stop shivering. My body was cold all over and it was hard to stay still. At the hospital, they did some simple tests and asked me questions. Nothing seemed to be wrong and they told me to come back if the headaches came back within the next three days and to take it easy. I wanted them to do a CT scan at least but they said no need.

I was still feeling weak and dizzy after being released so stayed in the waiting room for about 40 minutes then took a cab back home. The next day, I felt so weak I hardly could get anything done, but the doc told me to take it easy so that's what I did. The next morning though, I woke up feeling bad again and as soon as I got up, I started having a panic attack again even after I took my medication. I almost went to the hospital again, but decided to try and relax. It was hard, but it started to get better and I survived. However I was weak all over for the entire day again.

The weekend was spent just staying at home most of the time trying to get my energy back. Monday, my friend from Hawaii arrived. Tuesday, we went into town for lunch and I started to feel weak again around 5pm. Went home and went to bed at 8pm and stayed in bed until 10am.
Finally Wednesday today and I'm feeling a lot better. Went to get a haircut and had some lunch with my friend. Tomorrow I leave to Bangkok with my friend.

I hope everything is ok and nothing happens while I'm on holiday.

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Take care ya. Get plenty of rest.

Anonymous said...

It's Shinjan...
Just read your articles, are you feeling better now? It's great to have an old friend visit. Should be fun hanging out together. 2 weeks ago I found my high school buddy via FB and coincidentally they were in Taipei. But we didn't have the chance to meet up~ it was a bit of disappointment for me. Anyways... wish you all the best!

Shinjan