Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The new year and other petty details

Happy New Year friends! Well, last year sucked big time and I was reflecting on the past year to see if there was anything I could salvage from the year I had. So I looked back and thought about what was good...or if anything was good for me. After a few minutes, I did find a few things that happened to me that I would consider to be fortunate. Here's a list I made.

Second Life:
I found a fascinating world that didnt know existed. With all the drama found in real life, I made a few friends that I have become close to. It's strange really, but out of all the things in this world, second life was the last thing I thought I would get involved in. I love all the creativity that can be found...the helpful people found in the metaverse...a place of belonging you can find in Second life that cannot be compared to MSN messenger or anything else for that matter. I cherish those friends that I have met there and hope they will remain my friends for a long time. I'm also going to buy some land. hehe

Getting out of debt:
Yep, I was a bit in debt at the beginning of 2007 and I cleared it by the end of January! Whew!

Saving some money:
Yes I even managed to save a bit and that in itself is a miracle!

My relationship with my boyfriend:
Has gotten better. I love him more than ever and it was due to all the ups and downs that have proven that relationships can last for a very long time. In fact, it has gotten better than ever and I think I have found my lifetime partner.

My real life friends:
They were always there when I needed them even when I alienated them during my illness. I love them and will always love and cherish them. They are my treasures.

My family:
My sister and mother. Although they live in a different country, nothing seems to separate the bond we have.

Getting Bell's Palsy:
Yeah I know it's weird, but it taught me how to slow down. In fact I think I needed to real badly. If I kept going at the rate I was going, I probably would have killed myself. Now only if the recovery was a bit quicker I would be one happy man.

Going to LA and forcing myself to go on a roller coaster:
Yes another dumb thing I know. But for me it was a milestone. For the longest time, i've been avoiding rides due to my anxiety attacks and they had gotten worse over time especially last year. I was bummed out because my friends know how much I love roller coasters and kiddie stuff. But everytime I got on a ride, even a tame ride like Big Thunder Mountain, I would get an anxiety attack and start getting all the symptoms of a heart attack. Through a friend I met in Second Life, who treats patients with anxiety attacks, I forced myself on that friggin ride. The coaster was intense, went upside down, and was a very long ride. I had to get out of line 3 times before just saying, the hell with it. If I die, I die! And I didnt die! In fact, all the adrenaline went somewhere else instead of accumulating as anxiety. And I did it twice and that was a big thing for me so there! Yay!

So although last year was a tough one for me, it wasn't all that bad. Sure I had to slow down and I missed all the xmas parties that I didnt go to. Sure I had to rest a lot and I definitely hated quitting the gym. But I'm doing yoga now and I'm eating healthy. I wake up early and sleep at a decent time. I had to learn how to breathe properly and deal with my panic attacks in new ways. My Bell's Palsy is better but still bugs the hell out of me. But my smile is back and I'm happy again.

Oh, I have a nice house in Second LIfe that I'm renting until I get some land so if anyone wants to come and visit me, just join the friggin thing and look for me! It's really not that hard and if you can MSN, believe me, you can SL!

Oh, my new year's resolutions for the year.

Become healthier through a macrobiotic lifestyle, including diet, exercise and healthy lifestyle choices. (So far so good)

Keep my apartment clean!

Make more money, but take it easy when I have to.

Focus on my projects.

Call my mother once a week.

Get a new haircut! Had this hairstyle forever! Geeeesh!

No comments: