Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A kernel of popcorn

The other night I went to see a movie at the theater. Before heading in to get a seat, I had to go to the restroom. As I was peeing, I noticed a kernel of popcorn in front of me just laying there on top of the urinal. Funny thing is that it was the most perfect specimen of popcorn I've seen in ages. Perhaps it's because of the fact that I'm forever on a diet and I don't eat much popcorn even though I love it. That kernel of corn was the perfect size and looked absolutely delicious I might've eaten it if there was no one else around...but maybe not.

Well, as I kept staring at that delicious looking morsel, memories of my past rushed through my head like a hurricane. I remembered the time when my friends and I used to get a huge bucket of popcorn and watch a double feature because we really had nothing better to do. Or the time when I was once happy with my ex and he used to take me to the movies all the time. He never forgot to buy a huge bucket for the both of us even though we never managed to finish it. And there was a time where I used to take my mother to the movies with me. She would tease me for liking popcorn so much but then she would end up eating most of it. Oh, and the movies with my two nephews, me sitting in between them with our bucket of popcorn as Andrew, the older one, would continue to tell me what the movie is all about because he's seen it like a hundred times.

Who would have thought that a single kernel of popcorn would bring back so many memories of my past.

2 comments:

savante said...

Have to stare at popcorns for a while longer next time :P

What a great looking blog :) Definitely linking up to ya.

Melvin Mah said...

Memories....