Monday, March 21, 2011

today is a new day

So it's been over a week since that earthquake. A few days ago, I've decided to stop feeling so sad and glum about that whole thing, no matter how hard it is to do that. I started to do yoga again to clear my head and I concentrated on work and cleaning my apartment.

My partner has been working hard with the electricity and nuclear plants, so he's been home twice since the earthquake. He came home last night so we decided to go to a tonkatsu restaurant in our neighborhood. This was good for the both of us. It feels as if things will start to get normal again.

Today most of the news are things people are doing to help. Amidst all the rubble and loss of electricity, there are still small miracles happening. Births. An 80 year old lady being rescued from under a refrigerator in her destroyed home after 8 days. Her 16 year old son that was feeding her yogurt and other food he could find to help her survive. Food finally arriving at the shelters. Hospitals with electricity again. An old lady eating a rice ball and saying that she feels lucky and happy to be eating it, even though it's just one rice ball a day. Yes, you can see that Japan will survive this disaster. It will take time, but we will survive.

Today is a new day and I'm going to go donate more money now.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Praying earnestly for the recovery of Japan.