Monday, August 16, 2010

Wow bad case of influenza

I just got back from Singapore 4 days ago and I'm just recovering from influenza. Once again, I overestimated my body's strength and I must remind myself that I'm just not as young as I used to be. During my final days in Singapore, I literally felt drained of energy whatsoever. I started to rely on cans of Red Bull to keep me going as it usually did the trick. So although I had the most wonderful time in my at-the-moment favorite Asian city, I immediately feel ill when I arrived in Tokyo. Last night my fever went up to 39.9 and when it refused to go down for more than 24 hours, I finally gave in and went to the hospital at 1am. I was glad I did because I got my meds that got my fever under control.

Anyway, back to Singapore. It really was a fantastic trip. There is so much to like about that city. Yes there are many reasons why I would have a difficult time living there. The year-long hot weather, the size of the country, the cargo ships that never seem to leave, and the fact that gays have to fight to properly live in their country. Having said that, the gays that do decide to live there are strong and more alive than many of their counterparts in Asia, which makes them extremely attractive in my eyes. They always have an opinion and conversations are never stagnant. I have more to say about all that but I want to write more about the other stuff about Singapore other than the gay people. lol. I do think it's a miracle how such a small and young country could change into this dynamic and metropolitan city in such a short time. It's really amazing to me. Other reasons to live Singapore is the food. Some of the food you can't get anywhere else and that's reason enough to want to go for any serious foodie. Now on a personal note, I have made some really special friends there and that is the number one reason of why I enjoy my trips there. They make it so special for me and I don't know if I would ever be able to return the favor. I will do my best that's for sure. I just don't know if I would be able to. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am so ever grateful to you guys.

Now strange things happen to me when I'm on vacations. Perhaps it's an aura I carry around or maybe it's the water I dont know. The last time I was there, the male housekeeper wanted to have sex with me. This time someone at Universal Studios Singapore wanted to take me into the toilet and have sex with me!!! A total stranger mind you! All I could do was laugh because it was just too hilarious! This would never happen to me in Tokyo, never! hahaha. Anyway, he was cute and I sort of let him kiss me and even that is something I never did at a theme park with a stranger! ;)

No comments: